Salary: DOE pa full time
Location: Moorgate, London (hybrid working)
Real Deals Media is looking for you. We are a leading B2B media and publishing group, focusing on the private equity and growing business sectors. We publish Europe’s most highly respected private equity titles (digital and print) and host the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences.
On the back of our continued success, Real Deals Media has recently received new private equity investment and is pursuing growth across all our divisions and in our geographical reach. We are looking for amazing new talent to be a part of our story.
Our publications consist of two print and digital titles, Real Deals and The Drawdown. We also publish a digital (only) title called Growing Business Intelligence
Real Deals publishes the most important European private equity news, alongside deep analysis and comprehensive deal coverage. Alongside the fortnightly print magazine, Real Deals is available as a dedicated digital edition for all subscribers.
The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational private equity professionals. Through monthly print editions, daily digital updates, regular seminars, conferences and awards ceremonies, The Drawdown aims to support the industry's operational leaders as their functions evolve.
Growing Business Intelligence is a digital newsletter and online information portal for SMEs and growing businesses.
Real Deals Media’s events portfolio consists of a broad range of conferences, seminars and awards programmes in collaboration with our Publications, focused on business, finance and private equity. These include our long-standing (20 years +) Award ceremonies, such as the Growing Business Awards and Europe’s leading private equity award ceremony, the Private Equity Awards, and a full annual calendar of market leading conferences, breakfast briefings, dinners, roundtables (physical and virtual), webinars and podcasts
We are looking for experienced journalists to join our publications. You will be involved in the fortnightly publication of our magazine, producing daily news content and be active at our events and podcasts.
- News/Magazine writing
- News stories daily for website
- Looking beyond press releases and obtaining extra information
- Sourcing off-diary stories
- Sending daily newsletter
- Feature/long-form writing for magazine
- Pitching new ideas for both magazine, online and video/audio
- Taking editorial control of sections of the brand and special reports
- Attend and report on key sector conferences, webinars and events, including European travel
- Hosting RD podcasts, webinars and roundtables (editorial and sponsored)
- Moderating panels at conferences
- Producing short video content - hosting and editing
- Knowledge building
- Building and maintaining industry contacts/relationships
- Spotting emerging themes in the industry
- Posting on social media channels
- Liaising with team members daily
- Collaborating with sister publications (The Drawdown and GBI)
Skills, attributes and experience:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience as a business or finance multimedia journalist
- Clear and concise writing ability
- Strong relationship building skills
- Confident interviewing ability
- A true team player - regular communication, flexibility and insight sharing
- Fluent in one or more of the following languages - French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Ability to understand and translate complex topics
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to source off-diary stories
- Reliable, accountable, self-starter and the ability to motivate yourself while working in the office or remotely
- Strong research skills
- Prior podcast/video/webinar experience or readiness to learn
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Commercial acumen desired