Marketing Executive – Subscriptions and Events
Salary: DOE pa full time
Location: Moorgate, London (hybrid working)
Real Deals Media is looking for you. We are a leading B2B media and publishing group, focusing on the private equity and growing business sectors. We publish Europe’s most highly respected private equity titles (digital and print) and host the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences.
On the back of our continued success, Real Deals Media has recently received new private equity investment and is pursuing growth across all our divisions and in our geographical reach. We are looking for amazing new talent to be a part of our ambitious growth story.
Learn more about us: realdealsmedia.com
Our publications consist of ‘Real Deals’, ‘The Drawdown’.
Real Deals publishes the most important European private equity news, alongside deep analysis and comprehensive deal coverage. Real Deals is available as a dedicated digital edition for all subscribers, alongside the print magazine.
The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational private equity professionals. Through monthly print editions, daily digital updates, regular seminars, conferences and award ceremonies, The Drawdown aims to support the industry's operational leaders as their functions evolve.
Real Deals Media’s events portfolio consists of a broad range of conferences, seminars and awards programmes in collaboration with our Publications, focused on business, finance and private equity. These include our long-standing (20 years +) Award ceremonies, such as the Growing Business Awards and Europe’s leading private equity award ceremony, the Private Equity Awards, and a full annual calendar of market leading conferences, breakfast briefings, dinners, roundtables (physical and virtual), webinars and podcasts
Learn more about our events:
- Private Equity Awards privateequityawards.com
- Mid-Market rdmidmarket.com
- The Growing Business Awards growingbusinessawards.co.uk
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic marketing executive to help us implement the growth strategy for our subscription and events businesses. The right person will be results driven, a genuine all-rounder, and have a strong interest in taking the next step in their career in B2B subscriptions and events marketing
- Working closely with the marketing manager to develop and implement a targeted marketing plan that accelerates the growth of our subscription book of business through effective acquisition and retention campaigns;
- Effectively executing content marketing, social (including paid), newsletter, media partner, event X-sell campaigns to generate high quality leads that result in improved new business conversion rates;
- Develop and implement a clear plan to drive engagement and upsell of our existing subscribers, resulting in improved renewal rates;
- Work with the marketing manager to automate our marketing systems and processes to include paywall registration, engagement, lead scoring, effective use of analytics, engagement newsletters;
- Work with the marketing manager to identify areas where we can improve our data, systems and processes and help to drive those improvements.
- Work closely with the commercial director – subscriptions to align marketing and sales growth plans;
- Writing, editing and proofreading content for emails, websites, advertisements, brochures and other material;
- Ownership and responsibility for delivering KPIs and reporting to the wider business;
- Working with logistics to maintain up to date, relevant content on all Real Deals Media websites;
- Implementing outlined marketing strategies for each project and delivering feedback based on effectiveness;
- Implementing podcast/webinar campaigns to drive participation numbers;
- Implementing and analysing social media campaigns across platforms, including LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Monitoring competitors, benchmarking against our products;
- Responsible for sourcing, managing and implementing media partner contracts
- Working and liaising with internal teams including subscriptions, conference production, sponsorship and logistics
- Working with external suppliers
- Executing email campaigns, ensuring emails are going to the correct data
- Filling in pre and post event reports with analytical information;
Skills, attributes and experience:
- Subscriptions, and events marketing experience
- Tenacious ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent attention to detail and copywriting skills
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with very senior figures
- Good grasp of tools and technology platforms, ideally Mailchimp, Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Zephyr, Pardot
- To work calmly under pressure
- Hunger to reach and exceed targets
- 2 years’ experience