Subscription Sales Manager
Salary: £35k-£45k basic (DOE)
Location: Moorgate, London (hybrid working)
Real Deals Media is looking for you. We are a leading B2B media and publishing group, focusing on the private equity and growing business sectors. We publish Europe’s most highly respected private equity titles (digital and print) and host the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences.
On the back of our continued success, Real Deals Media has recently received new private equity investment and is pursuing growth across all our divisions and in our geographical reach. We are looking for amazing new talent to be a part of our ambitious growth story.
Learn more about us: realdealsmedia.com
Our publications consist of ‘Real Deals’, ‘The Drawdown’.
Real Deals publishes the most important European private equity news, alongside deep analysis and comprehensive deal coverage. Real Deals is available as a dedicated digital edition for all subscribers, alongside the print magazine.
The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational private equity professionals. Through monthly print editions, daily digital updates, regular seminars, conferences and award ceremonies, The Drawdown aims to support the industry's operational leaders as their functions evolve.
Learn more about our publications: realdeals.eu.com, the-drawdown.com
We are looking for an intelligent, ambitious, and driven individual to take the next step in their sales career in an international, multi-platform business serving customers across the European Private Equity markets. As a member of an expanding subscription sales team, your focus will be to grow and retain our subscription/membership revenues for both our titles, Real Deals and The Drawdown.
Growth in the subscriptions area of the business is a key driver of overall growth for Real Deals Media and this is an excellent opportunity to join a business at an exciting time, as we invest in and expand our subscription and membership product offering.
To be successful in this role you will need to show a deep understanding of your customers, the challenges they face and how we can help them address those challenges. You will also need to have a balanced attitude to both new business sourcing and account management.
- Focus on new business sales and driving growth across our subscription products
- Carrying out detailed new business account planning to include pre-call research, prospecting and identifying key decision makers, and engagement across teams to maximise yield
- Work closely with our marketing and editorial teams to deliver a robust new business pipeline
- Delivering personal sales targets, nurturing leads from research through to close
- To develop and maintain existing relationships with all relevant decision makers within your client base, mainly over the phone
- Identify and maximise growth opportunities from your client base
- Build revenue and subscription solutions to achieve and exceed targets.
- Provide excellent customer service to your clients
- Accurately recording all sales activity on the company’s CRM/IT systems to inform accurate forecasting and to include capturing trialist feedback.
- Demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the titles you sell, who buys them and why
- Developing and maintaining a territory and account plan which outlines clearly how you will deliver your sales targets through key account growth and new logos
- The role will have opportunity to develop into a higher value face to face corporate sales function and account management
Skills, attributes and experience:
- Experience in subscription sales, high value b2b products preferable
- Demonstrable experience in achieving sales KPI’s
- Enthusiasm – We’ll provide you with the tools to ensure that you’re the best you can be, but if you have knowledge of Salesforce and Zephr it will help
- Passion for the customer journey with a consultative approach – you’re not just selling, you’re helping find a solution to a problem
- Excellent communication skills – over the phone, face-to-face and written
- Proactive – you’ll need to gain an understanding of the private equity sector fairly quickly and not be shy about asking questions
- Ability to deal with objections effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interact and network with very senior figures
- To work calmly under pressure
- Private health insurance
- 30 days annual leave, not including bank holidays
- Hybrid working & flexible hours
- Paid volunteering days
- Investment in your professional development & training
- Discount gym membership
- Employee assistance programmes
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Travel card loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org