Salary: DOE pa full time
Location: Moorgate, London (hybrid working)
Real Deals Media is looking for you. We are a leading B2B media and publishing group, focusing on the private equity and growing business sectors. We publish Europe’s most highly respected private equity titles (digital and print) and host the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences.
On the back of our continued success, Real Deals Media has recently received new private equity investment and is pursuing growth across all our divisions and in our geographical reach. We are looking for amazing new talent to be a part of our ambitious growth story.
Learn more about us: realdealsmedia.com
Our publications consist of ‘Real Deals’, ‘The Drawdown’.
Real Deals publishes the most important European private equity news, alongside deep analysis and comprehensive deal coverage. Real Deals is available as a dedicated digital edition for all subscribers, alongside the print magazine.
The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational private equity professionals. Through monthly print editions, daily digital updates, regular seminars, conferences and award ceremonies, The Drawdown aims to support the industry's operational leaders as their functions evolve.
Real Deals Media’s events portfolio consists of a broad range of conferences, seminars and awards programmes in collaboration with our Publications, focused on business, finance and private equity. These include our long-standing (20 years +) Award ceremonies, such as the Growing Business Awards and Europe’s leading private equity award ceremony, the Private Equity Awards, and a full annual calendar of market leading conferences, breakfast briefings, dinners, roundtables (physical and virtual), webinars and podcasts
Learn more about our events:
- Private Equity Awards privateequityawards.com
- Mid-Market rdmidmarket.com
- The Growing Business Awards growingbusinessawards.co.uk
We are looking for a conference producer to play a leading role in the development of our conference portfolio. Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will liaise with market participants and industry organisations on a daily basis to develop a series of high-profile industry events.
You will be expected to identify speaking opportunities for revenue-generating topics, introduce innovative features and session formats and work with the sales and marketing teams to develop strategies to ensure the commercial success of your events.
- Research and produce a minimum of 5-7 events per year
- Produce each event to the highest quality, whilst meeting completion deadlines
- Work closely with our editorial team
- Identify workshop opportunities for each conference to increase revenue
- Schedule and carry through at least 5 in depth onsite meetings with conference attendees at each event
- Secure speakers, panellists and conference chairs and be in receipt of their written confirmation
- Ensure deadlines are met and production targets are achieved and exceeded
- Keep the Event Director fully informed and aware of the progress of each conference and any issues
- Work with the Logistics team contact to maximise event profitability, including speakers’ fees and speakers’ expenses
- Work with Sponsorship sales, brief and pass on leads from at least 10 conversations with decision makers per event
- Brief telesales and work with the Marketing Manager to ensure the right target lists are being contacted
- Work with the Marketing Manager, provide a marketing brief advising them on how best to attract potential delegates, make suggestions of associations and publications suitable for external marketing activity
- Proof and sign off all marketing collateral (on your assigned projects) before circulation – including emails, ads, direct mailers and event brochures
- Accurately complete all aspects of conference administration (expense forms, speaker confirmations and handovers)
- Ensure the event information is displayed correctly on the website and newsletters
- Communicate efficiently with sales, marketing and logistics - ensuring they are informed of any changes on the agenda or with the speakers
- Attend the conferences and deliver a welcome address for attendees
Skills, attributes and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years conference production experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong researching skills – on the phone, online and face to face
- Excellent copywriting skills as you will be writing high quality agendas and briefs
- Exceptional communicator
- Confident and able to build rapport and lasting relationships with senior level players, over the phone and in person
- Ability to work efficiently and juggle multiple projects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Flexible to travel with no restrictions