Salary: DOE full time
Location: Moorgate, London (hybrid working)
Real Deals Media is looking for you. We are a leading B2B media and publishing group, focusing on the private equity and growing business sectors. We publish Europe’s most highly respected private equity titles (digital and print) and host the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences.
On the back of our continued success, Real Deals Media has recently received new private equity investment and is pursuing growth across all our divisions and in our geographical reach. We are looking for amazing new talent to be a part of our ambitious growth story.
Learn more about us: realdealsmedia.com
Our publications consist of ‘Real Deals’, ‘The Drawdown’.
Real Deals publishes the most important European private equity news, alongside deep analysis and comprehensive deal coverage. Real Deals is available as a dedicated digital edition for all subscribers, alongside the print magazine.
The Drawdown provides vital insight and analysis for operational private equity professionals. Through monthly print editions, daily digital updates, regular seminars, conferences and award ceremonies, The Drawdown aims to support the industry's operational leaders as their functions evolve.
Real Deals Media’s events portfolio consists of a broad range of conferences, seminars and awards programmes in collaboration with our Publications, focused on business, finance and private equity. These include our long-standing (20 years +) Award ceremonies, such as the Growing Business Awards and Europe’s leading private equity award ceremony, the Private Equity Awards, and a full annual calendar of market leading conferences, breakfast briefings, dinners, roundtables (physical and virtual), webinars and podcasts
Learn more about our events:
- Private Equity Awards privateequityawards.com
- Mid-Market rdmidmarket.com
- The Growing Business Awards growingbusinessawards.co.uk
The role entails helping to deliver logistics for all Real Deals Media events; Awards, Conferences, Breakfast Briefings, Summits, Judging days, Dinners and Drinks receptions.
From the initial strategy meeting to the event management on-site.
The individual has the chance to take responsibility and ownership of aspects of the Real Deals events.
- Manage smaller events end to end; breakfast briefings, dinner roundtables and drinks receptions. Venue and delegate liaison ● Across all events responsible for sponsor management, ensuring all deliverables are met and being the main sponsor liaison after sales have received the signed contract
● Work with the Events Assistant to ensure delegate booking notes are up to date
● Work closely with marketing teams to ensure overall success of the events including helping with website updates and occasional copy checking and design
● Build and maintain good communication with the rest of the events team and wider company
● Managing the participants onsite at the events
● Managing Judging days end to end. Being the judges liaison, managing the venue, creating the judging briefs, judging packs, judging schedule etc.
● Help collect copy and copy check delegate packs, book of the night, trophies, script, etc.
● Creating and maintaining our CRM system (Eventsforce) with the Event Assistant
|No.||List Duties / Responsibilities||% time|
|Output / Success Measures|
● Delegate management on site ensuring the smooth running of the registration desk and being the first point of help with the Events
● Taking ownership of delegate/entrant booking notes with the Events Assistant
|10%||● Onsite delegates to feel they were looked after and welcomed professionally and friendly – made to feel special, leaving with a good experience|
● Ensuring the delegate/entrant booking notes are up to date daily and reporting numbers in the weekly event meetings
|2||General admin management|
● Eventsforce: Creating and maintaining our CRM system.
Creating reports, updating and helping delegates/entrants complete the form
● Communication with the wider team: To ensure to have good communication with the wider company/events team as well as the logistics team
● Judging: briefs, packs and submissions: Making sure all judges are briefed informatively Downloading submissions, editing and putting together the judging packs for all the judges panel
● Copy checking: Collecting ad’s bios and judges photos for book of the night and delegate packs
Content on the website, brochures/eBooks, and Real Deals magazine with shortlist copy
Ensuring trophy copy is correct for printing onto the trophies
Putting together table plans for awards
Ticket and signage design briefed and checked
Content for AV checked and sent to AV supplier
|30%||● All of these tasks are vital to the running of all the events. These are key tasks that we would expect the individuals to take ownership and take full responsibility.|
|3||Managing Events - |
1. Taking full responsibility end to end on roundtables, judging days and any smaller events:
● Venue liaison
● Judges liaison
● Delegate liaison
● Supplier liaison ie AV
● Sponsor liaison - ensuring they are looked after throughout and we are delivering Conference producer will look after all speakers and Events Assistant will be responsible for delegates for the larger events
Working closely with the Senior Events Manager:
● budgeting of the smaller events ensuring costs are not going over budget and that we are making a profit
● Timelines – creating critical dates and ensuring everything is kept to deadlines
2. Working with Head of Events on the awards ceremonies. Responsibilities are:
● Main sponsor liaison
● Main judges liaison once they are onboarded
● Putting together book of the nights
● Trophy liaison, ensuring they have the correct copy and delivered on time
● AV content sent and correct ie keynote presentation
● Venue liaison support
|60%||● Smooth running of the event onsite keeping a cool calm head|
● Being cost efficient (without compromising on the quality of the event) resulting in making a good profit
● Ensuring every stakeholder/supplier/ etc. has been briefed properly and feel confident they will carry out what has been asked of the
Skills, attributes and experience:
- 2+ years previous experience in events
- Events experience
- Office experience
- Google sheets experience
- Overseas travelling, weekend working and late hours may be required on event days.
- Events qualification or university degree
- Experience with Eventsforce & mail merging
- Private health insurance
- 30 days annual leave, not including bank holidays
- Hybrid working & flexible hours
- Paid volunteering days
- Investment in your professional development & training
- Discount gym membership
- Employee assistance programmes
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Travel card loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org